We are so fortunate that we have access to a plethora of tools and platforms that allow us to share our message and connect with our audience. In this episode we cover the topic of multicasting or multistreaming. And please bear with me because things starts off with bit of a rant on my behalf!
What is the best WordPress plugin to use for SEO? SEOPressor or Yoast SEO are two of the top choices. In this episode both plugins are covered along with some fun stories about both. You can watch the full version of a presentation that Yoast gave late last year here in Philadelphia. The next topic covered is how to find topic ideas for a new blog.
Blogging has changed so much since I first started back in 2009, and I know that a lot of you are worried about the future of blogging and at times I am too. This question came up during one of my recent Facebook Live streams about the future of blogging in the next 3 to 5 years. It’s an interesting question but, before we dive into this topic, let’s first take a look at what’s changed about blogging in the past. The evolution of blogging that we’ve experienced in the last few years is quite surprising, to say the least.
In this episode of Ms. Ileane Speaks Podcast, let’s explore some ideas on how you can monetize your content – let me rephrase that – how can you make money from all the “high-quality” content you’re creating for your audience, so you can keep the lights on! This podcast is all about helping you find your voice as a writer or content creator – and capturing your audience.
Have you ever thought about podcasting? Have you ever wondered if podcasting is something that would be right for you? Well here are some of the benefits that I’ve experienced as a podcaster and that I’ve seen others also enjoy. My daughter she also has a podcast. So my podcast is Ms. Ileane Speaks just like my YouTube channel. And my daughter, she just started a new podcast her name is Nikki, and her podcast is called Better Than Success! In this episode of Ms. Ileane Speaks, I pose a question (well more like a challenge) to you dear listener:
How would you like to start a podcast of your own?
I know just how you feel! When I started my YouTube channel back in September of 2009, I admit that I lacked the confidence to get in front of the camera. All of my early videos were screencast tutorials and it wasn’t until December 2011 that I got up the courage to turn on my…
Headline writing is an important skill to master for every online publisher today. In a previous episode of the podcast we talked about how it’s just as important to spend time promoting your existing archives of content as it is to keep churning out new content. In this episode, my goal is to take that concept of promoting your existing content a step further. by giving you concrete examples of ways you can use good headline writing skills to promote your existing content. Whether you have a blog post, a YouTube video, SlideShare presentation, or even a Periscope video you’ll hear how to tweak your headlines and make them so intriguing, that you’ll start seeing results right away.
I got a chance to interview Joey Kissimmee from Appendipity Themes just before he took a 3 month vacation to spend time with his family. Yes, you heard that right. He took a 3 month vacation! First a little background on Joey Kissimmee. 6 years ago Joey worked at Walmart. being with Walmart for nearly 10 years he decided to make a change. With a growing family of a wife, two daughters and his son on the way, he knew he wanted more out of life. Joey turned in the towel and quit his Walmart job in February 2010, after the birth of his son Max, to become an online entrepreneur. From there, he grew a loyal audience through content marketing on his blog, his podcast and his email list.
As productive bloggers, the time has come for us to evaluate our ever expanding list of blogging tools, and decide which ones we plan to keep and which ones we need to purge! It’s all part of a cleansing process that is an exercise we should all do at least one per year if not more. Let’s start by looking at these 5 categories of blogging tools. First of all, once you have determined your blogging goals, and you really get focused on them and have the proper mindset, it will be easy to decide which tools are best for you to invest in.
They say that you should spend 20% of your time creating your content and 80% of your time promoting it? Back in August of 2013, expert marketer and entrepreneur Derek Halpern wrote a blog post titled The 80/20 Rule for Building a Blog Audience. He said: Create content 20% of the time. Spend the other 80% of the time promoting what you created.
Derek Halpern has a large following and lots of people picked up on this idea and you will hear variations on this theme of the “80/20 rule” all the time.
Is the 80/20 Rule Valid for 2016?