I got a chance to interview Joey Kissimmee from Appendipity Themes just before he took a 3 month vacation to spend time with his family. Yes, you heard that right. He took a 3 month vacation!
First a little background on Joey Kissimmee. 6 years ago Joey worked at Walmart. After being with Walmart for nearly 10 years he decided to make a change.
With a growing family of a wife, two daughters and his son on the way, he knew he wanted more out of life. Joey turned in the towel and quit his Walmart job in February 2010, after the birth of his son Max, to become an online entrepreneur. From there, he grew a loyal audience through content marketing on his blog, his podcast and his email list.
The Income Press Blog
You'll hear in this interview, how Joey took advantage of the connections he made through his blog Income Press, and his email list to get started with making and selling software. Through the blog and the Income Press Podcast, he was also able to connect with key influencers in the podcasting space.
Without knowing “a lick of coding” Joey was able to build a team of developers who were doing everything from making iPhone games to customizing all the special features Joey wanted on the theme for Income Press. In no time at all, Appendipity Themes were born.
Features of Appendipity Themes
I'm a huge fan of Appendipity Themes and here's a list of why this is my theme of choice:
- Proprietary Framework for code-free theme customization
- Mobile Responsive
- Message bar which is similar to Hello Bar
- Built in social profile icons
- Social Sharing buttons that can go above or below the content (or both)
- Custom Optin widgets for sidebar, after post and footer area
- 24 – 48 hour help desk including 1 on 1 support via Skype
- Training, webinars and live events
- In-house Affiliate Program
- Stand-alone podcast players
- Event Sponsorships for Podcast Meetup and Conferences like Podcast Movement
Third Party Theme Integrations
- Google font library this give you literally hundreds of fonts to choose from!
- Powerpress Plugin which is the number one plugin used by professional podcasters
- Smart Podcast Player from Pat Flynn described as: The easiest to use, best looking podcast plugin ever made.
- Simple Podcast Press Premium Plugin
- LeadPages sticky widget and LeadBoxes (watch the video below)
- AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse
Join me for #PodcastFanDay on Wednesday January 13, 2016 live on Blab!
Comments are closed.